Mysterious Person is a Quest in Vigil: The Longest Night. Quests are tasks given by the various NPCs in Maye, Leila can obtain unique rewards for completing these tasks. To view your progress of a quest, open the side menu, and cycle to Leila's notes.
Mysterious Person Objectives
- Speak to Hilda in Outskirts of Maye.
- Find Hilda on Miner's Path.
- Find Hilda in Depressing Forest.
- Find Hilda on the Peak of Weep - Ancient Battlefield.
- Distract the Doctor and infiltrate his house.
- Bring The Second Half of a Research Report to Hilda.
Mysterious Person Information
- Mysterious Person is a subquest of Ancient Seal.
- Location: Outskirts of Maye
- Quest Giver: Hilda
- Time Limit: Yes. Must be completed before collecting all three Cubic Crystals for Ancient Seal quest.
Mysterious Person Rewards
- Fallen Eyeball
- Breath of the Goddess
- The First Half of a Research Report
- The Second Half of a Research Report
- Mysterious Manuscript x2
- Daisy's Bracelet
Mysterious Person Walkthrough
- (Optional) Complete side quest Find the Doctor and exit Asylum through the right door. Grab the note attached to the wall next to the entrance.
- To find Hilda in Outskirts of Maye follow the upper path east of A5 Owl Statue, then jump to a small cliff. Hilda will ask to find her on Miner's Path and gift Fallen Eyeball before disappearing.
- At Miner's Path, Hilda will be waiting west of C2 Owl Statue. Agree to trust her and Hilda will ask Leila to find her in Depressing Forest.
- Hilda's next hiding spot is on the same bridge where D4 Owl Statue stands. Climb the giant fallen tree in Depressing Forest and continue up and right to get there.
- The last location is the Ancient Battlefield in Peak of Weep, on a small hill left of D5 Owl Statue. There Hilda will ask Leila to find a way to infiltrate Doctor's house to find evidence against him and gift Breath of the Goddess. She then moves back to her original spot in Outskirts of Maye.
- On your way back to the Asylum you will meet Carlos, who will ask Leila to convince the Doctor to speak at the Maye Hall.
- Deliver the message to the Doctor and grab Doctor's Dormitory Key from the shelf.
- Enter Doctor's home. Use Breath of the Goddess to free the path, then make your way to the second floor. Grab The Second Half of a Research Report there.
- Head back to Maye Outskirts and show The Second Half of a Research Report to Hilda. She will reward Leila with The First Half of a Research Report and Daisy's Bracelet. The quest ends here.
Mysterious Person Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Reading the note at Asylum's entrance is not necessary to trigger the quest, you can go to Maye Outskirts right away.
- Completing the quest is not necessary to beat the game, but is required for one of endings.
- The quest can be started and completed even after all three Crystal Cubes were collected, as long as you don't agree or refuse to give them to the Doctor.