|Previous Quest||Find the Doctor|
|Next Quest||The Truth|
|Location||Outskirts of Maye|
Breath of the Goddess
Mysterious Person is a Quest in Vigil: The Longest Night. Quests are tasks given by the various NPCs in Maye, Leila can obtain unique rewards for completing these tasks. To view your progress of a quest, open the side menu, and cycle to Leila's notes.
Mysterious Person Objectives
- Speak to Hilda in Outskirts of Maye.
- Find Hilda on Miner's Path.
- Find Hilda in Depressing Forest.
- Find Hilda on the Ancient Battlefield.
- Distract the Doctor and infiltrate his house.
- Bring The Second Half of a Research Report to Hilda.
Mysterious Person Information
- Mysterious Person is a subquest of Ancient Seal.
- Location: Outskirts of Maye
- Quest Giver: Hilda
- Time Limit: Yes. Must be completed before collecting all three Cubic Crystals for Ancient Seal quest.
Mysterious Person Rewards
- Fallen Eyeball
- Breath of the Goddess
- The First Half of a Research Report
- The Second Half of a Research Report
- Mysterious Manuscript x2
- Daisy's Bracelet
Mysterious Person Walkthrough
- (Optional) Complete side quest Find the Doctor and exit Asylum through the right door. Grab the note attached to the wall next to the entrance.
- To find Hilda in Outskirts of Maye follow the upper path east of A5 Owl Statue, then jump to a small cliff. Hilda will ask to find her on Miner's Path and gift Fallen Eyeball before disappearing.
- At Miner's Path, Hilda will be waiting west of C2 Owl Statue. Agree to trust her and Hilda will ask Leila to find her in Depressing Forest.
- Hilda's next hiding spot is on the same bridge where D4 Owl Statue stands. Climb the giant fallen tree in Depressing Forest and continue up and right to get there.
- The last location is the Ancient Battlefield in Peak of Weep, on a small hill left of D5 Owl Statue. There Hilda will ask Leila to find a way to infiltrate Doctor's house to find evidence against him and gift Breath of the Goddess. She then moves back to her original spot in Outskirts of Maye.
- On your way back to the Asylum you will meet Carlos, who will ask Leila to convince the Doctor to speak at the Maye Hall.
- Deliver the message to the Doctor and grab Doctor's Dormitory Key from the shelf.
- Enter Doctor's home. Use Breath of the Goddess to free the path, then make your way to the second floor. Grab The Second Half of a Research Report there.
- (Optional) Read other notes on the table to obtain Mysterious Manuscript x2.
- (Optional) Walk to the exit without teleporting out to meet Daisy and start Placebos side quest.
- Head back to Maye Outskirts and show The Second Half of a Research Report to Hilda. She will reward Leila with The First Half of a Research Report and Daisy's Bracelet. The quest ends here.
Mysterious Person Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- Reading the note at Asylum's entrance is not necessary to trigger the quest, you can go to Maye Outskirts right away.
- Completing the quest is not necessary to beat the game, but is required for one of endings.
- The quest can be started and completed even after all three Crystal Cubes were collected, as long as you don't agree or refuse to give them to the Doctor.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Hey the step about the D4 statue is wrong, when you spawn at the teleporter you literally just go left.