Shortage of Salt is a Quest in Vigil: The Longest Night. Quests are tasks given by the various NPCs in Maye, Leila can obtain unique rewards for completing these tasks. To view your progress of a quest, open the side menu, and cycle to Leila's notes.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, WE'RE OUT OF SALT?!
Shortage of Salt Objectives
- Speak to James in the Tavern.
- Head to Heart of Groundwater and kill Bloated Monstrosity to obtain Salt Bag.
- Return to James with Salt Bag.
Shortage of Salt Information
Shortage of Salt Rewards
Shortage of Salt Walkthrough
- The quest becomes available after killing two out of three main bosses:
- Return to Maye Town. At the eastern side of the Tavern the door that was previously closed will be now open.
- After a small cutscene, enter the kitchen and speak to James. He will ask Leila to kill a monster "from his world" and bring him salt.
- The monster that drops salt can be found in Heart of Groundwater.
- To gain access to Heart of Groundwater you will need Hand of Flames which is located after Erupting Flesh Cluster's arena in the Mine.
- Use Hand of Flames on the flaming barrier in Maye Town to enter Maye Sewer. Descend all the way to the bottom of the area until you reach water, then slide into the wall on the left.
- In the first room of Heart of Grounwater there are two secret areas, one on each side, both accessed by sliding into the wall.
- Inside each secret area you will find Bloated Monstrosity, the enemy that drops Salt Bag.
- Return to James with Salt Bag. Chef will reward you with Apprentice's Frying Pan, and the quest will end.
Shortage of Salt Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- This quest is a crossover with a game called Salt and Sanctuary.
- Questgiver, James, is based on James Silva - the founder of Ska Studios that developed Salt and Sanctuary.
- Salt is one of currencies in the world of Salt and Sanctuary.
- Bloated Monstrosity is a monster that is present in Salt and Sanctuary.
- Salt Bag can be sold to merchants for 60 Gold.