|Available||Act 2, Act 3|
|Location||Painter's Cottage, Maye Town|
Happy Accident is a Quest in Vigil: The Longest Night. Quests are tasks given by the various NPCs in Maye, Leila can obtain unique rewards for completing these tasks. To view your progress of a quest, open the side menu, and cycle to Leila's notes.
Happy Accident Objectives
- Look for the Paintings (7/7)
- Look for the Statue (1/1)
Happy Accident Information
- Location: Painter's Cottage, Maye Town
- Quest Giver: Hugh
- Time Limit: None.
Happy Accident Rewards
Happy Accident Walkthrough
- Hugh can be found at the Painter's Cottage in Maye Town.
- Speak to Hugh and he'll ask you to find 7 lost paintings.
- Portrait of Lady Katniss: You can find is in the painter's cell. Go to the basement of the painter's cottage and you'll find it inside a chest.
- Portrait of Scholar Woods: Go to the second floor of the Tavern and head inside Room 237. You'll find it inside a chest.
- Portrait of Mr & Mrs. Chandler: This painting can be found under Maye Bridge.
- Portrait of Duke Stewart: Head to the Mill, it's inside a chest behind some barrels on the left side of the Owl Statue.
- Portrait of Officer Kao: Found in the right half of the Village Head's House in the Flooded Area.
- Portrait of Dr. Schwann: Located in the Sunken Mary Rose of the Flooded Area. Inside a chest on the left side of the B3 Owl Statue.
- Portrait of Count Leonard: Located in the Cemetery. You need to use the Dash + Double Jump ability to reach the chest.
- When you have all 7 paintings, return to Hugh and he'll reward you with the Cerulean Ocarina.
- Next, he'll ask you to find a statue.
- The Vivid Statue can be found on the North East side of the Catacombs from the Nameless Tomb Owl Statue where you fought AdriAnDyloncholas. Drop down through the floor onto a waterfall slide, jump onto the coffin, and open the chest.
- Return to Hugh when you have the statue and you'll be given the Fallen Amaterasu. This closes and completes the painter's quest.
Happy Accident Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- In Act 3 Hugh moves to the Painter Cottage's basement.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
can i still get it after the red moon? I have all 7 paintings but he doesn't give me the reward
I found all the paintings and the vivid statue and hugh doesnt give me anything just thrash talk!
Hugh will remain in his house even after the moon turned red, but he will relocate to the basement
when i came to the catacombs for the statue it seems a sealed door is there.. how do i open it.
So the Portrait of Dr. Schwann Location is also a bit purly described because "left side of the Owl Statue" means in a complete differnt area to the left.
Portrait of Dr. Schwann not found. Where is Sunken Mary Rose? Is it a ship with an owl statue? At that location, I can't find the chest to the left of the owl statue.
Where on the east side is the Vivid Statue? I searched every inch of the catacombs and found nothing.
The Portrait of Officer Kao isn't in the 'Flooded Area', but the 'Wasted Town'. There are two doors extremely close together. It's in this area.
Still cant find the 7th painting....
Use dash+double jump only to find two rings in the cemetery.