|Quest Giver||Thomas and Ochio|
Iron Arrow x50
Gold Rush is a Quest in Vigil: The Longest Night. Quests are tasks given by the various NPCs in Maye, Leila can obtain unique rewards for completing these tasks. To view your progress of a quest, open the side menu, and cycle to Leila's notes.
Gold Rush Objectives
- Speak to Thomas and Ochio in Depressing Forest.
- Find Golden Slime in Peak of Weep and kill it to get Golden Slime's Plasmodium.
- Give Golden Slime's Plasmodium to the brothers.
Gold Rush Information
- Location: Depressing Forest
- Quest Giver: Thomas and Ochio
Gold Rush Rewards
- Recurve Bow
- Iron Arrow x50
- 777 Gold
Gold Rush Walkthrough
- Enter Depressing Forest from the Cemetery and go west, you'll see Thomas and Ochio standing not far from the entrance.
- Upon speaking to the brothers they will ask Leila to hunt down Golden Slime for them, Thomas then offering his Recurve Bow and some Iron Arrows as a downpayment.
- (Optional) It's possible to end the quest early by speaking to the brothers again and returning the bow.
- Golden Slime can be found in Peak of Weep, underneath a small breakable bridge below the cliff where Mysterious Trader is.
- Kill the Golden Slime to obtain Golden Slime's Plasmodium.
- Return to Thomas and Ochio and give them Golden Slime's Plasmodium. They will reward you with 777 gold and leave, ending the quest.
Gold Rush Notes, Tips, and Trivia
- It's not necessary to speak to the brothers in other locations to start the quest.
- Golden Slime's Plasmodium is farmable and can be sold to merchants for 446 gold.
- If the quest was accepted but not completed before the start of Act 3, Ochio's body with a note from Thomas will appear where the brothers were standing in Depressing Forest. It is likely they were ambushed while Leila was gone, and Ochio sacrificed his life in order to protect unarmed Thomas. Considering the note's content, Thomas clearly blames himself for his older brother's death.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!