Dephil, The First One in Vigil: the Longest Night is a Boss. Dephil, the first Vigilant who was able to end the first Longest Night. She has devoted herself to becoming a guardian for one of the realms. Bosses are special Enemies that are uniquely named and must be defeated in order to unlock new areas, to progress the game, and to obtain various rewards.
Dephil, The First One Location
Dephil, The First One Rewards
- 1160 EXP
- 2730 Gold
- Daisy's Diary
- Other Dropped Items:
Dephil, The First One Strategies
Dephil is one of the agile bosses in the game who also has a lot of attacks and mix-ups. She's an experienced fighter and the first Vigilant, so don't underestimate her, since you can die from her if you're not careful. Before heading into this battle, you must defeat the other guardians of the other realms being Upotancos, Pulse Surrounder, Princess Downaly, Leader of Betrayers, and The Ancient Guard. Check our guide for the related Quests; The Twins and Gate to the Other Side to learn more on how to reach Dephil. Now, assuming you have defeated the God of Thunder and the Ice Princess, you should have gotten the following items, the Mechanical Bow found in the Shadow Disaster realm, Uptancos' Horn that is dropped by Uptancos after defeating it, and the Frost Spear that is dropped by Princess Downaly. These three items can help you win the battle easily and apart from that, try to purchase the Slumber Set from Zachary at the Smithy in Maye Town and upgrade it to the highest level that you can to increase its defense and most importantly, Leila's stamina. You'll need the armor that gives a bonus to Stamina since you'll be dodging a lot and using the Mechanical Bow takes up a chunk of Stamina.
There are two attacks you want to watch out for and it's her 3-hit combo that ends with a wave of energy on the third attack, and the Crescent Projectile where she swings her sword forward and releases a spinning projectile towards you. These are two tricky attacks of her that can be lethal and knocks you down if you're hit, you want to avoid getting pinned down since Dephil immediately follows-up with the rest of her attacks. You can easily avoid both of these attacks if you double jump and then air dash.
Frost Spear is a good arcane item to use since it summons an icicle that damages upon contact and it changes to a sculpture of Princess Downaly when it hits the ground. This blocks anyone that's in front of it so if you are able to block Dephil, you can punish her a bit with the Bow until she either breaks the ice or it disappears. Uptancos' Horn has a good range as well, it damages and inflicts the lightning effect that deals some damage when she's struck by lightning. Hand of Flames is also helpful because it damages and inflicts Burning which causes Dephil's HP to decay over time until the effect wears off.
The reason why the Bow is powerful against Dephil since she will always try to get close to you and the arena is quite small. You can always try to get behind her, maintain a safe distance, and then shoot her from afar. With the Mechanical Bow's special art you'll be shooting lots of arrows! Just watch out for your stamina. Don't overdo it.
When you defeat her, you'll gain 1160 EXP, 2730 Gold, and Daisy's Diary. If you fight her again for a couple of times, she drops the following items as a reward apart from Gold and EXP: Owl Claymore, Dephil's Coat, Dephil's Gloves, and Dephil's Boots. You may want to repeat the battle against her until you obtain the mentioned items since the Dephil set is quite a strong equipment especially if you maximize it to +7.
Attacks & Counters
- 3-Hit Combo: Dephil dashes forward and swings her weapon three times, a wave of energy is released in front of her after the third strike. You can jump then air dash above her to get behind her. Once you're behind use Uptancos' Horn or Hand of Flames to attack her with magic and then follow up by shooting her with your Bow.
- Charged Attack: Dephil charges up and releases a strong sweep attack or a 2-hit strike in front of her. This only occurs if you're close to her, so just stay away from her. While she's charging, you can shoot her with the Bow or use Uptancos' Horn to deal damage even from afar.
- Mud Puddle: Dephil throws a puddle of mud that slows Leila if she walks on it. You can simply avoid this by jumping over it.
- Crescent Blade: Dephil leaps forward and releases a spinning projectile from her weapon. Jump over it to avoid getting hit, it's a bit tricky to dodge this by dodge rolling towards it.
- Leap Kick: Dephil uses her sword to propel herself forward and kicks Leila. Dodge roll back to evade it.
- Aerial Slash: Dephil jumps in the air and swings her weapon. Dash or dodge roll under her to avoid it.
Dephil, The First One Lore
Boss Lore & Story Goes here