Kelpie, Lord of Tide in Vigil: the Longest Night is a Boss. Kelpie, Lord of Tide is the beast that guards the sea and the flooded area of Maye, it is a sea monster that can live both on land and sea. Bosses are special Enemies that are uniquely named and must be defeated in order to unlock new areas, to progress the game, and to obtain various rewards.
Kelpie, Lord of Tide Location
Kelpie, Lord of Tide Rewards
- 380 EXP
- 1483 Gold
- Dash Ability
- Cubic Crystal
Kelpie, Lord of Tide Strategies
For this boss fight, make sure to equip the Flaming Magpie Arcane Item, stock up in Healing Potions, and Fire Arrows. This boss has two phases where it changes its behavior and movements when its health reaches 50%. In Phase 1, you'll be dodging a lot here since it will try to charge at you most of the time. Luckily, if you time your dodge rolls right, you'll be able to reposition yourself behind it and avoid getting hit. You'll be able to counterattack it with your Bow or use Flaming Magpie since it will take about 2-3 seconds before it recovers and faces you.
It's not recommended to attack the beast up close when you're behind it since it will try to jump backward or it will kick its feet which deals a lot of damage if you're not careful. So take advantage of using the Bow and Flaming Magpie whenever it uses a charge attack. If you really want to attack it up-close then the best window to do so is when it gathers energy and shoots out a stream of water. If you're quick enough, you can run underneath it before it shoots, allowing you to land a couple of attacks while it shoots and recovers - the second phase will begin when its health is at 50% and it falls on the ground.
Basically in the second phase, it will submerge itself in the water that makes it movements even faster and it changes its attacks. When it starts to charge at you and at the same you see it chomping, try to jump in the air and use Flaming Magpie to stop it. We're not entirely sure if it's a bug or if the arcane item has an effect on it, but you can always try and see for yourself. If it does stop moving, keep spamming the Flaming Magpie until it recovers and starts to move.
Attacks & Counters
- Charging Attack: The beast will run and charge towards you. Dodge roll towards it when it's near to avoid getting hit. You can attack it as soon as you get behind it since it takes a while before it recovers and faces you.
- Stream of Water: Kelpie will shoot a stream of water towards you, it usually starts at the bottom and it'll shoot it upwards. You can only avoid this by dodge rolling twice towards it. If you're fast enough, you can position yourself right in front of it to avoid getting hit as well, there's a gap where you can stand underneath it if you see it begin to charge up energy. While it's shooting the water, you can attack it. Sometimes it will just shoot the water in a straight line, just duck to avoid getting hit.
- Stomp Attack: If it stomps its feet on the ground, a wave of water will appear after it stops its front feet. Just make sure you are far away from its feet to avoid the water.
- Chomp Attack: It will chase you while it tries to bite you. Run the opposite direction until it stops chasing you. If there's no space, dodge roll towards it to reposition yourself behind it. There was a bug when fighting this beast, try using Flaming Magpie and it will stop whenever the flock of birds hit Kelpie's head, this will allow you to spam the magic until it recovers and starts to move again.
- Dive Attack: Kelpie will dive into the water and try to ambush you. Usually, it will try to reposition away from you and follow up with shooting a stream of water. So try to follow it first and then be ready to dodge roll. You can see its movements when it's underwater. Next, after shooting the stream, it will dive back in and this time it will try to jump out underneath Leila, again, be ready to dodge roll twice to avoid getting hit.
Kelpie, Lord of Tide Lore
Boss Lore & Story Goes here
|Vigil the Longest Night Bosses|