A bizarre god born from a flash of thunder
Can become thunder itself
And scorch wherever it goes." - official artbook
- (Act 2 & 3) Shadow Disaster
- Shadow Disaster becomes available as a part of sidequest The Gate to the Other Side.
- In order to get there:
- Air Dash skill (guaranteed, 1st kill only)
- Eternal Gaze (guaranteed drop, 1st kill only)
- Uptancos' Horn
- Head of Uptancos
- Ancient Horn
- Cloud Mask
- Thunder Coat
- Thunder Gloves
- Thunder Boots
- All non-guaranteed drops can be stolen with Hand of Glory.
Uptancos, Pulse Surrounder Strategies
During your exploration in the Shadow Disaster, you might want to grab the Mechanical Bow that can also be found in the same location. It's near the arena of this boss and you can find it inside a chest that's surrounded by rotating gears. Its special ability allows it to fire multiple arrows in rapid succession, making it very useful for many boss fights.
Uptancos is one of the most agile and aggressive bosses you'll encounter in the game, so being patient and finding the attack windows is the key to victory. That said, by far the easiest way to defeat him is to heavily stack Lightning Resistance armor pieces; if you can get total LR to about 50% you'll likely find the fight easy, and if you can get it >80% Uptancos becomes trivial.
The best window for attacking (or using Hand of Glory) is while Uptancos is immobile on the ground after it gathers and releases most of its energy. Uptancos will overload and it will need a few seconds to recover, its HP will also slowly decay during this phase. To identify when this state happens, you'll notice Uptancos gathering energy in mid-air and after a few seconds, it releases a string of lightning in a cross shape before falling down to the ground. A good tactic is to use Hand of Flames while it recovers so that the decay effect doubles and at the same time you can attack it with your strongest melee Weapon.
Now, Uptancos will be dancing around the arena which forces you to move around as well, hoping you won't get hit by its attacks. It is suggested you equip the newly obtained Mechanical Bow and shoot it from afar. The weapon's special art allows Leila to shoot multiple arrows at once by continuously pressing the attack button.
- Insulated (Amber Spark Lightning resistance) Feathered Hat +6
- Insulated The Shadow Mask +6
- Any Insulated Clothes/Gloves/Boots
- Any Rings
- Any weapon (Bare hands, for example :) )
And just kill that brat. Though, be advised that some of his attacks, for ex. 3-Hit attack, can still damage you.
Attacks & Counters
- Piercing Strike: Upotancos lunges conjures a lightning saber around its hand and uses it to pierce straight ahead. Dodge roll and duck to avoid getting hit. A good way to dodge and punish him is to dodge behind him and land a few attacks.
- Flight of Uptancos: This is a melee attack where Upotancos flies in the air and after a brief moment lands to Leila's position. Can be avoided with a dodge roll.
- Gathered Energy: Upotancos gathers energy and releases a string of lightning. You can avoid this by running away from him and then jump just as the lightning appears. After Upotancos releases the lightning, it becomes overloaded, allowing you to punish it before it fully recovers. In this state, its HP also decays until it gets back up.
- Pulsating Energy: Upotancos gather energy and lightning around him. Stay away from the arc and use your bow to attack it from afar. The electricity deals with continuous damage to Leila if you are caught within the radius.
- Bouncing Lightning Bolt: Keep an eye out for the lightning bolt that bounces up and down from the ground. With the right positioning, simply duck to avoid getting hit. If you want to counterattack, you can be aggressive and continue shooting your bow even if you are in a crouched position.
- 3-Hit Attack: Upotancos gathers lightning sabers in both of his hands and swings its arms three times after a brief moment. Dodge towards the boss to get behind him then follow up with an attack while he recovers.
Uptancos, Pulse Surrounder Lore
Boss Lore & Story Goes here